Whether you love it or dread it, Thanksgiving is here! At the very least, try to keep some balance in your home with these simple tips:
- Always have a large mirror in your dining room that reflects the table. This doubles your abundance and wealth.
- Never keep clocks on the walls in a dining room. Clocks where you eat symbolize the passing of time to your death.
- If you have a round or oval table, this is best. This rids the sharp corners and ensures that everyone faces each other.
- Use the good china for your family on holidays. What are you saving it for?
- If you can, try to have everyone seated boy girl boy girl etc… to keep the balance of yin and yang even.
- If you know everyone’s Kua number, it would be great to have everyone face their auspicious directions!
- Don’t have your lights too dim. Keep yang energy prominent with brighter lighting above your table.
- Have fun! Sometimes having family together that you don’t usually spend time with could be awkward. Get out some board games or bingo and use something small like scratch-off lottery tickets as prizes. Games can really bring people together, and the fun you have creates wonderful positive energy in your home.
- Start a gratitude journal: pass a small book around the table for everyone to write what they are most grateful for. Just a thing or two, no long pages of writing! Keep it for all of the years to come and add to it each time you are all together.
- The person sitting closest to the door often leaves first. Use this info to your advantage! 😉
- Do not overeat! Easier said than done, I know. Just try.
Keep smiling, keep love in your heart and remember to be thankful and grateful.